This will be part 1 of a series I plan on making for inventory sorting.
Hope it helps .
Also please if I left out something , drop me a comment so I can update!
Did you know you can delete items quicker by highlighting the item and hitting the backspace button?
If I am doing a major clean out or even if I want my #'s to drop quick I start with keywords.
Using these in the search bar will help eliminate numbers quickly and efficiently.
Here's the ones I used.
Extra appliers -
- If you wear a mesh body and ONLY that mesh body you can begin the purge by deleting all other body appliers.
For example I ONLY USE MAITREYA so today I deleted everything for Belleza, Slink & TMP. That alone lightened my inventory by 2000 items.
Standard sizes -
My next step will be deleting standard sizing.
Best plan of attack is one size at a time. Some sizes you can stuff your mesh body into. Be aware of what size might fit before taking on this step of the project.
XS - S - M - L - XL.
I will update again when I have sorted through this.
Alpha Layers -
Again, if you ONLY use one mesh body you can safely rid your self of all alpha layers that come indise your clothing packaging.
I personally only kept the hair ones.
- This is usually an unpacking script, with 'Delete me' in the name
- This is usually a script left in a folder. it is used to unpack your item and is useless to you once it is unpacked.
- Usually an animation used for holding a bag that has been unpacked ( Be careful here that you do not delete a hold for a purse , pet or stuffie.)
- This is usually a pose or script for holding items to unpack it. Some designers use different names, try catching them as you unpack new items and perhaps keep a copy of this list and add to it as you go for future use.
- If you have brought the item, delete that demo. if not make a folder just for Demos, title it #DEMO this way it should scoot to the top of whatever folder you put it in.
- Usually a word of thanks for your purchase, toss it unless you are super sentimental.
- Usually some instructions on how to dress yourself. Learn what it says then toss it unless you have a super short term memory.
- More instructions on what to do or not to do. ^ take the same advice as above.
- Self explanatory, refer to 'READ & IMPORTANT'
- Yep, these too save them if you really need them.
HOW TO -
- Usually a note but sometimes it is a texture on how to use said item.
- As I am not a builder, any plain Object in my inv is usually just a box I made for photos.
- More information on the store, read it over then either delete it or not, up to you.
- A group invite script of note that comes in some packages.
- Usually a note card explaining how to join a group. Could also be a script.
- Most times it is a note card with more store info.
- Info about the designers copyrighted materials. Read it over well.
- Check under scripts. I found tons of Give on attach scripts hanging around from opened boxes.
- This could also be a script for those super fun animated boxes.
Hope this helps a little. I will get more into proper sorting another day.
Until then Kisses,
♥ Ember ♥