Ember's Favorite Things.
I have been meaning to do up my Favorite things post since the beginning of the month. I mentioned a while back to stay tuned but of course I got distracted.😛
So instead of doing one single post on favorite things for this year I will do several as there are more than one of each category. Stay tuned for more!
💜Photo credits are way down the page today as I had so much to say about these amazing designers💜
- Mina Hair is owned by Mina Nakamura & has to be my all time favorite hair designer. I first discovered her back in 2013 @ The Hair Fair where I found this hair called Ineke https://www.flickr.com/photos/emberrandt/9733379286/in/photostream/ But Mina has been around a LOT longer than that! Mina has been in SL creating since 2006! Her styles always make me happy. Between her beautiful textures & the shape of each hair framing my face perfectly every time well, If she did hair in RL I would be flying out for an appointment. <~~ This really says it all for me as I myself am a licensed stylist in RL, so I know what works or doesn't.😍
Here is all of Mina's links I could find for you.
- ECLIPSE Magazine. Check out the December 2017 issue for an in depth feature on Mina. It's a really interesting read! https://issuu.com/eclipsemagazinesl/docs/eclipse_magazine_december_2017
- Website - https://minahairfashion.wordpress.com/
- Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/minanakamura/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/minahairSL/
- Main Store - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/MINA%20Hair/58/175/203
- Marketplace - https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/9079?id=9079
- Group Join links | Copy & paste into your viewer - Regular update group - secondlife:///app/group/f5c6ce08-1a86-7193-4de3-ff9c3e54939a/about VIP Group 200L join fee / Group Gifts - secondlife:///app/group/47f81927-45ae-f1a9-cdbc-71d4742bbb5a/about
•Catwa Mesh Heads•
- Catwa is owned by Catwa Clip & makes my favorite mesh heads in Secondlife hands down . I love, love, love taking photos with these babies, no matter what I do they always look fantastic. Catwa started out making hair & that is where my love affair with this brand began. Catwa Joined SL in 2007 & has created a ton of beautiful hair, Mesh heads & now Bento Mesh heads. The bento heads are terrific as you can use your sliders to totally change yourself up just like the pre mesh days but smoother! This I think was my first Catwa hair - https://www.flickr.com/photos/emberrandt/10913844365/in/dateposted/ & my first photos with Catwa's Mesh heads - https://www.flickr.com/photos/emberrandt/22005452018/in/dateposted/
- Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/53013200@N04/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/catwahairstore/
- Website - http://www.catwa-clip.com/
- Marketplace - https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/29673
- Main store - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Catwa%20Clip/143/113/25
- Group Join links | Copy & paste into your viewer - secondlife:///app/group/fcb3b7d8-b949-2442-7909-0cfe31bd8c55/about | Catwa Head Friends ( A very helpful help group ) secondlife:///app/group/29c5ca14-7e13-fdf0-c531-2507844a1eef/about
- Mudskin is owned by Sopha Portal and has been around since 2009. Before it was Mudskin / Enfant the store name was My Ugly Dorothy. I loved her unique skins back then & I adore her baby faced Mesh head appliers now. Whenever I want the younger / Kawaii or Asian look to my avatar I always pull out my Mudskin folder, mixing and matching to find myself the perfect look. Mudskin now makes appliers for all sorts of mesh heads. Catwa / LeLutka / Genesis / LAQ and more I am sure!
Here are all of Mudskin's links that I was able to find for you.
- Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/sophamccallen/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MYUGLYDOROTHY/
- Main Store - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sweet%20Isle/117/114/1451
- Group Join link | Copy & paste into your viewer - secondlife:///app/group/a1e6840e-a6ec-2630-ca36-a57ef32591bb/about
•Maitreya Lara Mesh Body•
- Maitreya is owned by Onyx LeShelle & has been in business since 2006! They have made shoes / boots / clothing / hair & of course The Maitreya Lara Mesh body. Now I find our bodies don't get a lot of blog loving. Most of the time you tend to find the info on them in a separate page called 'The basics' or 'Usually worn' & not usually included on in each post. I get it, it saves time but I want you, my readers to know just how awesome this body is.I wear it always. | Most of the grid designs for it. | It has Bento Hands! | A great & easy to use HUD. | Speaking of the HUD, the skin appliers included in this body are by Glam Affair & work with 10 of their most popular skin tones!
Here are all of Maitreya's links that I was able to find for you.
- Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/23320078@N03/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MaitreyaSL/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/onyxleshelle
- Main Store - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Maitreya%20Isle/184/161/648
- Marketplace - https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/14076
- Website - https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.ca/
- Group Join link | Copy & paste into your viewer - secondlife:///app/group/019ed292-985d-2306-0ddd-07da65c9b509/about
- Zenith /The Mystic is owned by Miffyhoi Rosca. I swear if I could afford it I would own every single item in every single colour from this designer's shop. I love her styles so so much. But alas I am almost poor so I will make due with all i have collected over the years. I did splurge on these pretty gloves for my Maitreya body / hands.
Here are all of Zenith's links that I was able to find for you.
- Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/88492006@N05/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/zenithfashionsecondlife/
- Marketplace - https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/37062
- Main Store - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tropical%20Orchid/39/189/22
- Group Join link | Copy & paste into your viewer - secondlife:///app/group/ae04c74b-228f-65fe-ff72-a2e16abddd38/about
Le Poppycock is owned by Olivia Lalonde & Julliette Bade- has been running since 2011 and has some of my most favorite poses ever! No photo would be complete without that perfect pose. If it were not for these talented creators we would be taking photos in the T pose or chasing ourselves around trying to capture a good angle without ao's running.
Le Poppycock can be found in many events & I always check them out, usually purchasing the full set everywhere I go as I love them so much. The creativity of the poses & the way they manage to angle the head just right makes me very happy, so much so that I tend to use them a lot in my photos.
Here are all of Le Poppycock's links that I was able to find for you.
- Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/voilaolivia/
- Blog - http://coquetterie.tumblr.com/
- Marketplace - https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/199520
- Main Store - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nymphai/153/187/22
What I's wearing↴
- Hair - MINA Hair | Milena.
- Head - Catwa Head | Bento Mesh Head, Lona.
- Skin Applier - [ MUDSKIN ] | YOUNG LOVERS | SIWAN # Bare Skin 1. | For - Catwa | @ Kustom9 Jan 15 - Feb 10th.
- Eye Applier - LOTUS | Formation eyes 3.
- Body - Maitreya | Mesh body, Lara.
- Top - =Zenith= | Star Gladiator Bra Top (Rose).
- Gloves - -=Zenith= | Victoria lace glove (Rose) -Maitreya | @ Collabor88 Jan 8 - Feb 6th.
- Bottoms -=Zenith= | Tie Up Short (Rose) -Maitreya.
- Shoes/ stockings - -=Zenith= | Dolly Platforms (Rose) -Maitreya.
- Poses - Le Poppycock | Phenomenal | @ The Chapter Four Jan 4 - 31st.