Monday, 5 January 2015

Learning To Fly


So today is the start of the new year in blogging for me at Paper Dolls.

I've been blogging since Feb 2009 but it seems like yesterday I began.
When I started this blog it was to help others and myself. People would stop me and ask where I got what I was wearing and I was all to eager to tell them all about it.

My partner at the time suggested I make this blog to pass them the link when they asked, saving everyone's time. *smiles remembering*

And for years that's what I did, but then it was more of a hobby, I blogged when I felt like it, sometimes not for months at a time.

Then last year I got deeply involved. Almost all day every day I would stand on my platform and take photos, spending hours putting posts together, chasing down info and locations that items were to be found.

I spent so much time alone blogging that I've lost touch with why I came to SL in the first place. I lost what I was here. I became only a blogger. A blogger who was having anxiety attacks over making sure she did everything. 
Anxiety over Secondlife is just so wrong on so many levels.
I decided I needed to do something about it.

So, I have left many of the blogging groups I was a part of, keeping only my top favorites. Ones I would regularly shop at regardless. I thought about stopping all of it but honestly even though it's pretty much thankless work,  I do enjoy it & If I've helped even one person with these posts then I will continue but I can't let it consume me nor define who I am.

Time to find the extroverted submissive I was. 
Thanks for reading.
Ember Adored

* Ember's Notes.
  • Level Up! ends today! HURRY before it's GAME OVER!
  • Maitreya has this beautiful new mesh body, also FREE heels for it if you join their VIP Group(Free join)
  • Glam Affair has two beautiful skins out for their group gift. (30L Join fee)
  • UBER started a new round on the 31st of Dec, so many beautiful things including these shoes for my new mesh body!
  • Collabor88 ends really soon, like it might be closed already. But check and see these skins are totally worth snapping up!

.Credits.

  • Hair[Due] Cicada - By Dubled@ LEVEL UP! (LAST DAY!)
  • Skin - Glam Affair - Amberly II - Asia 04 - By Aida Ewing. (Was @ Collabor88 December round)
  • Shape - .::WoW Skins::. Melissa - By Sawsan Secretspy.
  • Body - Maitreya - Mesh Body - Lara - By Onyx LeShelle.
  • WarmersBlueberry - Nati - Mesh - Tied Armwarmers - By Blueberryxx.
  • PantsBlueberry - Xale - Mesh - Jeans - NORMAL - Maitreya - By Blueberryxx.
  • Shoesfri.day - Isabelle.Heels (Aubergine) - Maitreya - By Darling Monday@ UBER
  • PoseHelaMiyo :: Ankles Action - By Miyoko Magic.




No comments:

Post a Comment