OK , so the other day we did a purge using Keywords.
(See post here to catch up) - http://emberrandt.blogspot.ca/2015/02/about-that-inventory-part-1.html
Today I am going to show you how I sort stuff to keep my sanity. I am by no means a naturally organized person so I apologize if this comes out backwards seeming to you.
This is purely what works best for me and by no means anything you need to do.
I just find it keeps clutter out of my main inventory.
Basically what I am doing in the very first step is creating a TO SORT folder. Stuffing everything in my closet to make things look tidy.
This helps me greatly as I get anxious over clutter.
Here are the steps I take for quickie clean ups.
- Create a #SORT folder.
- Create a #MONTH TO SORT folder , (#SORT FEB)
- Sweep all older loose items into the SORT folder.
- New items from this month goes into the monthly folder, next month make a new one and place the old one into SORT.
⇧ To Sort Folder ⇧
OK. once I'm done tossing stuff into the #SORT folder I either call it a day or I carry on to the next step..
HALF SORTED STUFF
Yep I create a folder called #HALF SORTED STUFF. Once this is done I create sub folders to put inside.
- Create folder named # HALF SORTED STUFF.
- Create sub folders, # OBJECTS, #HOME & GARDEN, #BODY PARTS, #CLOTHES etc.
I find myself doing this while sitting around chatting with friends etc as I have a need to multi task this works out well.
⇩ Half Sorted Folder ⇩
That's all for today. It's plenty to keep you going I'm sure.
Got questions? comments? Hit me up!
♥ Ember Adored ♥